The Business Development team collaborate with key industry stakeholders (suppliers, farmers, advisors, consultants, contractors and processors) in developing new opportunities in the areas of advice, nutrition, crop protection, seed, non- crop (forestry and industrial) and seed production.
Projects we work on include;
- Internal research projects for continual innovation
- Vegetable variety trials to assess suitability to the local growing conditions and market requirements
- Field days and discussion groups for primary producers
- External research, development and extension projects partnering with other agribusinesses/grower organisations/horticultural companies etc.
- Production of professional reports and social media updates for the extension of knowledge to clients and industry
- Design and implementation of applied on-farm trials
- Develop tailored consultancy packages to address client requirements in areas of vegetation management, agronomy, research, forestry and many other sectors
- Integrated vegetation management for a statewide transport corridor including industrial herbicide recommendations, seasonal planning, assistance with following legislative weed control requirements and weed identification services
- Managing trial with a forestry company, assessing different approaches to maximising plantation production
- A suite of applied agronomy field trials (nationally) assessing innovative products and management practices and the impact on agricultural productivity
- Screening, small plot and semi-commercial trials of pipeline vegetable genetics in onions, carrots, brassicas and lettuces working with seed companies, growers and packers/processors
- Pre commercial development of a balanced http://klonopinonline.com micro-granular starter fertiliser ideal for small seed crops
- Development of foliar fertiliser programmes to increase processing potato yields